Career Guidance Advisor
As a team we aim to track the academic progress of all students and to help them make informed decisions about their steps beyond school.
Our team of Whānau teachers supported by Whare leaders and subject teachers and support staff actively support students in making option choices and give guidance on possible career pathways. Requests can be made for one-on-one career guidance sessions. Parents are also encouraged to come in with their child to discuss future pathway options.
Careers guidance can help students to:
- Examine their strengths
- Start exploring possible career pathways
- Research and find resources to help them to make informed choices
- Investigate possible links with future learning providers and the world of work
- Get assistance in writing a CV or in completing tertiary study and accommodation applications and gaining scholarships
- Access possible work experience opportunities
Up-to-date information regarding University open days, scholarships, tertiary courses, apprenticeships and employment pathways is available in our Transitions Office in Gray Block.